fot

Re: Oil choice

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil choice
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 03:07:50 GMT
I just had a conversation yesterday with my machine shop about oils.  We did
not talk about zinc, but did talk about tappet wear.  Joe Gibbs Racing has
synthetic racing oils that are made specifically for flat tappet engines.
This includes NASCAR engines and TR3/4 engines.  This shop has an engine dyno
and has done testing of this in V8 race engines and the Joe Gibbs XP1 oil is
the only one that they have seen a horsepower increase with, when compared
with Mobil 1, Redline, Torco, Royal Purple,  etc.  You choose your flavor
(viscosity) based on bearing clearances.  This stuff is pricey at about $9 per
quart (about the same as Redline).  Their web site is:
http://www.joegibbsracingoil.com/.  Joe(B)