fot

RE: [FOT] Pyrometer

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Pyrometer
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:04:16 -0500

I found getting anything remotely useable requires coming in hot and having
a couple crew on the pit wall ready to jump into action. Enduros seem to be
the great opportunity for tire pressure/temperature work.

If you wait for the checker you better be willing to pass everybody and keep
sliding it around the corners on the cool down lap to keep the temperature
up in your tires. While this is done in Vintage, it seems to be frowned
upon.