fot

Re: [FOT] Pyrometer

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Pyrometer
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:30:18 -0600
I agree with all that has been said about need for immediacy in
taking temps, etc. I used to tune my suspension on my Formula Ford by
coming in during practice and sacrificing a lap while temps were
being taken. It's not nearly as practical for vintage racing with
practice time being so limited.

On the other hand, is there really anybody out there who has found a
big parking lot or other large paved area that they can use for a
skid pad without the local boys in blue coming in as unwelcome spectators?

Shopping centers are open around the clock, factories with empty
parking lots -- ha! -- see their liability lawyers first. Even closed
and shuttered factories are either locked down at the fence line or
have security people there even if closed. Airport? Fugediboudit. Is
there anybody on the list who has actually found a place where they
can set up a skidpad?

uncle jack