fot

[FOT] Am I wrong? now Vendors and the BMTA

To: m-syork@comcast.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Am I wrong? now Vendors and the BMTA
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:03:15 EST
Friends of Triumph

Mark York makes a very valid point with the influence that we may have with
vendors.

Mark says:  "It seems that one voice in the crowd makes little difference
with the
manufacturers we work with but maybe as an (un)organization of 250+
Triumph racing enthusiast we can band together and be heard.

Maybe we should make a list of "preferred vendors" and deal
exclusively with them. I know that many have a favorite rod or cam
they prefer to use but would use another brand provided it was of
somewhat equal performance and quality.  There is the start of a list
on the website, maybe we should expand and refine the list based on
input from the group?"

FoT, there is some help in place already.................

Start with looking at the newly formed and little known British Motor Trade
Association.  and put it on your favorite sites.   BMTA already has leadership
and a mission at a level that equals or surpasses anything that I have seen in
much bigger industries.

    http://www.britcar.org/

The focus is on, as I see it, POSITIVE relationships between Customers and
the BMTA Membership. They are interested in Supplier Development & Market
Expansion, and it is all wrapped around Quality and Customer Satisfaction.

Look at the BMTA Membership List from time to time. You are already a
customer of some these suppliers. You may find a couple of more good suppliers
in
there.

It will likely grow and represent the best of the best.

Joe Alexander