fot

Re: [FOT] Am I wrong? now Vendors and the BMTA

To: N197TR4@cs.com, m-syork@comcast.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Am I wrong? now Vendors and the BMTA
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:15:25 EST
Joe

    Simply having a directory of suppliers is not going to solve this
problem. Our firm has been in the environmental directory business
(envirobiz.com)
for over two decades. There is a limited to what any directory supplier can do
to "qualify" the firms in the directory.

    Further, the issue here is really leverage. Steve has virtually no
leverage on his supplier. He has three basic choices. First, he can make the
decision to inventory the parts he needs. Secondly, he needs to adjust his
schedule
to that of his suppliers. Thirdly, he work with other Amici to develop some
purchasing power (assuming there is some purchasing power to be created).

Cary