fot

Re: [FOT] TR4 brake master cylinders

To: edenhoward@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR4 brake master cylinders
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:11:53 EST
In a message dated 3/15/06 10:36:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
edenhoward@hotmail.com writes:

<< Hi all,
 just wondering if anyone out there using twin master cylinders for their TR4
 brakes (with a disc front, drum rear setup) could let me know what size
 bores they are using, or where I can find some information getting it right
 first time around.  Thanks, Eden

Several years ago when SCCA first required a dual braking system, I ordered a
dual braking system from Revington TR in England
(revingtontr@compuserve.com).  At the time, he supplied two standard size
master cylinders with a balance
bar, saying that smaller bore cylinders are not available.  I imagine now that
you can get smaller bore master cylinders from Tilton.

The system seems to work very well, only I have to stomp on the brake peddle
harder to get the same braking.  You also want to leave that pressure
equalizer valve in the front disc brake hydraulic tubing.