fot

Re: [FOT] liner coatings update

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] liner coatings update
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:26:42 -0600
Liner update. For those that asked I have tried lacquer thinner and glass
media blasting to no avail. I haven't tried flame yet but I may try it
tonight after I clean up the solvents! The supplier has told Ken that they
just spray the liners with a microscopic solution that should come off with
WD40. They have a name for the top surface orange peel,  "fish scaling".

Ken, you have been good to me and I support your business but I'll have to
advise that everyone stay away from these liners. Short of some specialty
machining to clean up the surface and true up the dimensions, they are
nothing I want to use. I'm going to see if I have some satisfactory old
liners so I can still get the engine built for Hallet.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com