fot

[FOT] Leasing Vintage Cars for Movies

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Leasing Vintage Cars for Movies
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:39:43 EST
In a message dated 3/21/2006 6:43:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
> Subject: Re: [FOT] Leasing Vintage Cars for Movies
>
> Hi all,
>
> At 03:36 PM 3/21/2006 -0500, Jeff Snook wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have been approached to lease a couple of our cars to a film production
> >company for a movie.  They say they have lots of insurance coverage so
that
> >should not be a problem.  The cars they are considering are not show cars,
> but
> >daily drivers.
> >
> >I have never done this before and would appreciate any input from someone
> with
> >experience or knowledge in this area.
> >
> >How much do you charge for this kind of thing?  Any special conditions to
> >include in the lease?  Should I not even consider doing this?!

I let a TV advertising company use one of my cars, one time for an
advertisment.
I was gullible, they paid me nothing, however, no damage was caused and they
trailered my car back to me, but never responded to my phone calls after the
event.

Foolish, trusting me, I didn't get any paperwork, like I said I was gullible.
I put it down to experience.
Never again, as far as I am concerned, they are all tarred with the same
brush. Crooks, the whole worthless bunch of them.

And I never saw the rotten TV advert, although I got plenty of phone calls
from people that did see it, (aired outside of London only).

Best Regards

Lion