fot

Re: [FOT] Powder coating roll bars

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Powder coating roll bars
From: "john price" <john-price@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:48:39 -0600
Bob:

Back in the day when I used to restore antique airplanes many people were
starting to powder-coat steel tubing fuselage structures. The problem was
that the structure could crack under the coating and you'd never know it.
Chipping of powder coating was not a problem. There are several grades of
coat and they are really tough! I have personally been invited to wail away
on a tube with a ball-peen hammer and it didn't even dent it.

If you are using a bolt-in roll bar, I'd say go for it. It would look good,
and it's maintenance-free.

John