fot

Re: [FOT] Guinness, the official lager of FOT?

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Guinness, the official lager of FOT?
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:59:46 -0600
Another person who enjoyed the dark foamy stuff was Henry Frye.  Quite
fitting.  Back at the Portland, Maine VTR convention ( 1999? ) I was on the
ferry that was chugging along taking us all out to the lobster dinner on
some island, don't remember all the details.  What I *do* remember is standing
there and having some person walk over with two beers in his hand.  He walks
up, offers one to me and says something like "I've been wanting to
do this for some time."

That person was Henry Frye, who was a member of several of the Team.Net
lists at various times, and he took a moment to show his appreciation for
my efforts.  I may whine and whimper about the toils and tribulations of
managing all the lists, web pages and such, but it is amazing how much mileage
one can get out of a simple token of honest, heart-felt appreciation, like
having someone you've never met in person making an offering of a cold
beer just to say thanks.

I enjoy the FOT lists, and all those who have made it what it is over the last
decade.  The next decade should be even better!

--
mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com

"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep is the gettin' there."