fot

[FOT] ignition help wanted

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] ignition help wanted
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:09:21 -0500
I'm bringing a TR4 back to life after a seven year storage. The
ignition system doesn't work.

Two questions:

The ignition system appears to be new or nearly new. it is a Lucas
control box AB 14, distributor 43DM4, coil DLB 198. Juice in, no juice out.

I have no documentation and can't find any on the internet. Does
anyone out there in TR-land have experience with these --
specifically, diagnostic approach?

Second question:  I don't have a junk distributor and must get this
car running mucho prnto so I don't have time for lengthy used parts searches.

If you were going to install a whole system on your car -
distributor, control, coil, what would you install?

uncle jack