fot

Re: [FOT] Re: 10 in Alfin Brake Drums

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, richtr@erols.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Re: 10 in Alfin Brake Drums
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 09:34:50 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: SHANE Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>

 >I noticed a set of Alfin drums for sale on E-Bay. 4636881960 They
 >look "cool" on a nice early TR3 street car or Vintage Racer.

 They look more like Datsun 240Z drums, which are readily available.
  Alfin drums have more finning, are rarer, and are generally a whole
lot
 more expensive.

 ==AM==
Which leads to my question (having never before seen "genuine" original
Al-Fin drums for a TR). On other British cars I've seen with these, the
Al-Fin drums had concentric fins around the circumference, not the type
seen on these "240Z-style" drums. Which was "correct" originally on
Triumphs?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>