fot

[FOT] F1 tomorrow??

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] F1 tomorrow??
From: "jrhill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:05:23 -0500
Bob Lang writes:

> . . . I cannot stand listening to Shaheen. I also
> think that Derek Daley is an ASS . . .

Well, let's be candid -- most of the FOT (myself included) would likely
prefer SpeedTV's David Hobbs, if for no reason other than his history as a
Triumph pilot.

> I think it's that Wisconsin thing.

As is Mr. Hobbs.

Part of the problem is that neither CBS nor SpeedTV control the video feed,
the commentators are not AT the race -- they're watching it from the States
on TV just like the rest of us mokes -- and there's no one reporting from
out on the corners. Am I the only one who remembers when the Indy 500
broadcast team included reporters at EACH of the four corners (and that was
when you could only "watch" the race on the radio)?

Jim Hill