fot

Re: [FOT] Help on CR TR4 Tranny---popping out of 3rd gear.

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Help on CR TR4 Tranny---popping out of 3rd gear.
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:04:31 -0500
Joe, You should check the release force for the detents in the synchro
hubs and the shifter. Sam Clark and I have done a series of articles on
rebuilding transmissions and A-type overdrives. We show how to check the
release forces with a 50 lb scale. The articles will eventually be
available at www.vtr.org, but until then, I've put a copy at
http://home.swbell.net/cartrip/.