fot

RE: [FOT] merge colectors

To: "'alfetta95@optonline.net'" <alfetta95@optonline.net>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] merge colectors
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:43:59 -0700
A lot of people aren't familiar with merge collectors since they are more
common in NASCAR and NHRA than in vintage racing. Merge collectors are not
just a 4 into one collector (or three into one), they have a
convergent/divergent nozzle that affects tuning. Generally the collector is
also very carefully made to maintain the base diameter of the inlet pipes
until the nozzle is reached. You can see a pretty one at
http://www.burnsstainless.com/MergeCollectors/mergecollectors.html .  They
are always expensive