fot

Re: [FOT] 4Cyl Tractor engine liner height

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] 4Cyl Tractor engine liner height
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:32:58 -1000
I assume you have Kas' new books. If you don't, buy them right now.
they saved me thousands of dollars and would have saved a lot more if
I had them a few years ago.

the copper wire trick is kind of a standard thing if you're using
shim steel gaskets. You could look at the digest and find lots of
discussions about it. works like a charm as long as your head has
enough beam strength. Of course a lot of milled heads don't, and that
brings up another standard Kas trick of pinning the cylinder head.
also in the books.

Basically, a triumph guy without those books is reinventing fire.