fot

[FOT] Fuel Cell useful life

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Fuel Cell useful life
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:00:00 -0400
My GT6 has a fuel cell in it which is at least ten years old. The cell is
about 17" square x 11" tall, has a fuel cap in the center that says Wilco
Products, Dayton Ohio which screws into a "flange" bolted onto the cell.
Cell is black molded plastic (polyethelene?), rigid but slightly deformable,
has a vent and a suction line, and is filled with black foam. All of the
above is enclosed in an aluminum box.
My question is, does this sound like a currently legal cell (for SVRA et al)
and should I get it inspected or replaced?  There are no other markings and
googling Wilco produces nothing.  My formula ford had a softer bladder
enclosed in an aluminum box so this one is unfamiliar to me.
If replacement is in order, any reason not to buy a cell from Summit (looks
like similar construction) at 1/3 the price of Fuel Safe?