fot

RE: [FOT] Rallymasters Film - TR7V8 Footage

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Rallymasters Film - TR7V8 Footage
From: "Paul MacDonald" <macdonaldp@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:31:31 -0400
Cary

I'm glad your car was in the film. I had seen the description of that film a
number of times with no mention of Woodner.
It is amazing how the history of these cars seems to pop up from time to
time.

I was chatting on a UK TR7/8 bulletin board and someone from Canada
mentioned that they had pictures of race TR7s that they had taken back in
the 1980s. I had been doing research on Canadian TR7/8 race cars so I asked
for scanned copies of the pictures to identify the cars. 4 of the five
pictures that this person had were of a car painted red white and blue. I
had previously contacted the original builder of my car and was told that it
used to be red white and blue "similar to the rally cars". Turns out that
this car was in fact the TR7 that I had just purchased.

I sent copies off to the original builder of the car as well. He confirmed
that it was indeed the same car. The pictures were from the F1 support race
in about 1981 at the F1 course in Montreal.

Small world.....

Paul