fot

[FOT] MPH Raceway

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] MPH Raceway
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:27:21 -0500
There has been some discussion on the list regarding the new raceway
being built near Hastings, Nebraska and the likelihood of holding
races there this year.

I stopped by the site on a trip across the country. There was no one
on site on the weekend that I was there, but here is what I could see:

Most perimeter fence for the property is up
Most of the Armco type barrier that surrounds nearly the entire track is up
The grading for the track surface is mostly completed
Major earth moving equipment present

What I did not see was any work on

track surface
roadways on site
paddock areas
electrical or other utilities work
buildings

I'm no construction expert, but getting it completed before the end
of this racing season looks like a daunting task.

uncle jack