fot

Re: [FOT] tr6 chassis

To: MDunst / Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] tr6 chassis
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:51:44 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, MDunst / Gasket Works USA wrote:

> Looking for a TR6 chassis.     I informed that there might be new ones on
> the scene...is this true?  if so who makes them?

Don't laugh at this name, but a company in Long Island called Ratco makes
an alternate version of the TR6 chassis. It's thicker material, brand-new
and made on a jig. So they should be square. The price is reasonable at
around $3k.

You could also get one from British Heritage (via TRF or maybe Moss) which
is (or at least was) made on the original tooling.

There's also a couple of companies that make or can make all the pieces
including the guy in PA (Triumph Rescue??)... anyway, it's Bartos, PA - I
have no idea why I recall that tidbit.

The Ratco unit looks promising. It'll be heavier than stock because of the
thicker metal, but tehy can _customize it_ if you have special needs. I
also think they have already included the important gusseting. In some
sense, $3k is CHEAP when you consider that you're getting new metal.

www.rat-co.com

> Mordy Dunst
> Gasket Works USA, LLC
> www.headgasket.com
> +626.358.1616 voice
> +626.628.3777 fax
> GMT (-08:00 Pacific)

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489