fot

Re: [FOT] Re: August Sports Car

To: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: [FOT] Re: August Sports Car
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:28:51 -0500
It was in Richard James' editor's column. He spoke of an attempt (apparently
fueled by a race track) to make racing on venues not expressly designed for
racing illegal -- e.g. a proposed Champ Car street race in Phoenix.
Richard's point was that the Law of Unintended Consequences would also
result in making autocross (on parking lots), rallycross (on open fields),
tractor pulls (fairgrounds), AMA supercross (in stick & ball stadiums), and
performance rally (such as Prescott Forest), and maybe even road rally
illegal.

He was preaching vigilance to keep check on legislative vigilantes who are
clueless as to the far-reaching effects of such things. As he noted, those
jumping on the bandwagon to head off a Phoenix street race may not be aware
something like autocross even exists.

The item was added as an amendment to a marriage license bill (!) but
apparently has been tabled at this time.

And the TR6 pictured did, indeed, have FSP class letters on it. 171 FSPL,
actually.

--Rocky