fot

Re: [FOT] Southwick rear axle conversion

To: m-syork@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Southwick rear axle conversion
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:44:03 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/06 11:00:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
m-syork@comcast.net writes:

<< With no wheels on I can rotate the hub 1/8 clockwise or counterclockwise
on the hubs. The Southwick rear axle
 conversion uses a Ford hub with the Triumph backing plate. The hubs dont
 have a hole for the flathead screw to mount the rotors to the hubs as used
 on the standard Triumph setup. >>

I may be off base, but the only thing in my opinion that the flat head screws
do is to keep the drum from falling on the ground when you pull off the wheel.

The drum has to have a snug fit with the studs.  For example, when I replaced
the short stock TR studs with longer 7/16" studs, I drilled out the stud
holes to the right size for a tight spline fit for the 7/16" studs, and pulled
the
studs through the hub from the back.  I then made some collars that I could
thread onto the studs, and the OD of the collars were a decent fit for the
brake drum holes.