fot

[FOT] Old Race Films

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Old Race Films
From: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:10:00 -0700
Hello All:

I have just viewed a great, three DVD set of 1950's era race footage and still
pictures compilied by none other than Al Moss.  Al took many of the movies and
pictues back in the day at historical venues such as Torrey Pines, Palm
Springs, Paramount Ranch, Pomona Fairgrounds, Santa Barbara Airport, Pebble
Beach and Carrell Speedway.  The quality is surprisingly good and each segment
is narrated by Al (with some interesting background music).  There is
approximately four hours of material, both black/white and color which looks
to me like it was originally shot on 16mm film.

I have no commercial interest in this but if you're interested in what sports
car racing was like back in the 1950's (and some from the late 1940's), then
you'll really enjoy this set of DVD's.  Oh yeah, there's lots of footage of
Triumphs (TR2-3) as well.  The DVD set cost $50 which includes shipping and
they played back on both my computer and DVD player with no problem.  You can
obtain from:

Al Moss
1015 Soldier Pass
Sedona, AZ  86336