fot

RE: [FOT] Data acquisition

To: "FOT (E-mail)" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Data acquisition
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:24:20 -0400
As the prices of these things have been falling to levels that almost
make the decision to buy a no-brainer, I had to ask myself...

How far from the Vintage Spirit can we get? How ridiculous would the
must-have dash mounted readout look in my VINTAGE race car?

I am sure it would be a huge help seeing instant feedback on every lap,
and this information should go far in improving lap times. Not to
mention the value of the mapping so you can sit down after each session
and see where you were on the track, where you screwed up and what line
gave you the best exit speed. Let alone the value of the real time
engine monitoring.

It seems to me there is a faction of the Vintage crowd that is going to
have a cow on this issue.

Some day I will have one, probably sooner rather than later, but I am
not going to take the grief of being one of the first!

If Jack W cares to chime in on this, I would be interested in his
opinion on how data acquisition fits in Vintage Racing.