fot

RE: [FOT] VTR article on Hallett

To: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] VTR article on Hallett
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 06:26:43 -0700 (PDT)
The gentleman had come down with a friend who had a BRG GT6; the car that was
parked over by the Ambro with a "for sale" sign on it. Towards the end of the
concourse his friend was at the car trying to sell it and this gentleman made
the comment that if it sold they could use the money to get two bus tickets
home and drink beer the entire way back. I'm suspicious that if they sold the
car or not, they were drinking beer all the way home. Perhaps we should
construct a larger than life p/u bed with a functioning tailgate that we can
tow around with a TRiumph so we could have tailgate parties. This would make
our hobby more attractive to the hillbilly crowd and maybe boost attendance up
near NASCAR levels. The added benefit would be that we could save in the cost
of name tags...every bodies first name would be followed by Bob; Jim Bob, Joe
Bob, Billy Bob. Thanks - Ed

  P.S.: For those I just offended...it's a joke! Kinda like that TR7 one -
right Bob? Come on, it's Friday!

"Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com> wrote:
  All true. I don't remember if this guy every mentioned his car, just
that there wasn't a welcoming committee at 10PM awaiting his arrival. I
didn't like the guy one bit, but in his defense even though the hotel
was a very nice, upscale Omni, it did not lend itself to hanging out by
the cars. The Triumph people were spread out through some 20 floors. I
would have preferred somewhere where rubbing elbows didn't take
planning. Maybe what this guy was expecting was finding us hanging out
in the parking lot sitting on coolers shooting the b.s. Not a bad plan,
but not in July in Texas!

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
16415 North IH35