fot

Re: [FOT] TR4 Weber linkage with tubular headers

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR4 Weber linkage with tubular headers
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:09:02 -0500
I've got webers, the cannon manifolds, headers and a working
linkage.  I'll take the air horns off and the heat shields off and
send you some digital pics after it cools down a bit outside (it's
close to 100 now and the garage A/C can't possibly deal with
that).  In my case, the lower bell crank is on the front manifold -
are the front and rear manifolds the same (except for the boss)?  Of
course, your header may be different than mine.

My linkage is a rod from the stock gas pedal bellcrank to the
bellcrank below the front carb.  Another link from bottom bell crank
to upper linkage which attaches to both carbs - basically a rod with
three bellcrank arms coming off - one for each carb, one for the link
from the lower bell crank.

I much prefer a linkage to a one-way cable 'cuz if something happens
to make the carbs stick open I can get a foot under the gas pedal and
pull it up (maybe).  A dual cable system like on my motorcycle would
allow this too.  A good push / pull cable would do that as well, but
I'm not sure if those are available for throttle applications.

- Tony Drews