fot

Re:[FOT] SCCA Runoff - 1980 Season & Laguna

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:[FOT] SCCA Runoff - 1980 Season & Laguna
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 20:53:54 EDT
Cary,

No TR8s were entered in SSA or listed in the results; 2 TR7s ran SSB.

Page 11 is a full size TR8 advert with Buffum and Tullius.

In CP TR8s finished 5, 6 & 10 w 1 DNF (Ken Slagle was taken out on the front
straight by a Datsun; not the Datsun that tried to take the winning E Type out
before T1, on the first lap.)

In DP the TR6 of Dennis Wilson beat all the TR7s

In EP TR3s were 7 & 9, TR4 11

In FP Jerry Barker won in his Spit...I thought that we had the pleasure of
his joining the FOT

BTW our friend Terry had his car rejected for Laguna, as did some other
friends, so
Ellie and I decided to boycott the event.

Hardy

-
Subject: [FOT] SCCA Runoff - 1980 Season - Info request

Amici

    If someone has a copy of the 1980 runoff program, would you please look
on my behalf to determine whether Ted Schumacher participated in the
runoff''s
Showroom Stock category in a TR8? I am attempting to reconstruct history on
TR8 that does not have its logbook. Ted recalls using car during 1980 and
1981
season, but has no further records.

    For those of you with a TR8 fetish, Ted's old car was one of the original
ACN prototypes and still has the original engine (#40). I have to wonder why
BL made so many of these cars in brown, it is certainly not a color that I
personally find attractive.

Thank you, Cary