fot

Re: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:44:25 -0600
Gee, some interesting comments.  What I've been towing with is a 1 ton Ford
Econoline van, the Rolling Red Dumpster as I call it.  A big, ugly beast that
can likely pull just about anything.  The 7 miles per gallon on the freeway
is what I don't like about it, that big old 460 is pretty thirsty.  And the
single axle trailer with a Spitfire on it is about 9,000 pounds less than the
van's towing capacity.

So lately I've been thinking about possible replacements.  And the Ford wagon
came into the picture.  The wagon is a, uh, less than clean one owner[1].  Ed
Oblad, a local Lotus enthusiast[2], owns it.  His father bought it new.  Ed is
working on selling his parent's house, and is looking to get rid of the wagon.
The car is currently sitting out back of Mike Bailey's shop where I've been
working, and Mike and I got to talking about making a bit of a hot rod out of
it and I started thinking.  Could be a fun project, but at the moment I need
another automotive project like I need a frontal lobotomy....

--
mjb.

1.  http://fatchancegarage.com/wagon1.jpg

2.  http://utahlotusmuseum.com - I don't think he's updated the site lately.