fot

[FOT] Tr2 resto question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Tr2 resto question
From: epaul21988@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 02:24:05 -0400
   I am finishing up my restoration of my 55 tr2.  i just started test
driving the car and i seemed very unstable, meaning it would take a
lot of steering adjustments to keep it going strait, at 30 mph and up.
so i got some help and set the toe on the car this seemed to help
quite a bit but still seemed off. So at this same time i took a square
and placed it on the ground and up against the tire to check the
caster.  on the passengers side the bottom of the tire was about 1
inch from the bottom of the square while the drivers side as the same
problem but the gap is only 1/4 or less of and inch.  i started
looking around and found that the brake drum and backing plate don't
meet squarely on the passengers side the top leaned out an 1/8" or
more.  I don't know it has any thing to do with the caster but it
seems to me that it would.  it was suggest to me to take it to a frame
shop and have the towers bent inward.  but then the radiator tube
brace, which fits now, wouldn't fit after that will it?  not sure what
to do any suggestions?

Thanks
Travis