fot

Re: [FOT] Notes from Monterey & PB - TeriAnn

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Notes from Monterey & PB - TeriAnn
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:59:14 -0700
Group44TR7@aol.com wrote:
> I have  several photos -- if anybody wants them -- haven't pulled them
> off the  camera yet -- ask TeriAnn about the authenticity -- she gave me
> an  education!

I have some jpegs of the car on the track but the only closeups I took
were of the aluminum cylinder head and the Rivington dual brake
assembly.  I was very impressed by the apparent quality of the Rivington
dual brake assembly so took 3 or 4 pictures of that.  Sorry, no pictures
of the front disc brakes, the aluminum radiator, aluminum water pump
housing, aluminum water pump, aluminum tach take off pedestal, or the
four tube header.

The owner seemed to be a very nice person and he did say the engine was
retrofitted with 83mm pistons to stay within the spirit of vintage
racing and to run with the under 2 liter class. He said the engine was
professionally built with 86 mm pistons and he had the 83s put in later.
According to the engine build spec sheet he was referring to the engine
was built for something like 10:1 compression.  Since then I've wondered
what the compression was after the swap to 83mm pistons, but not enough
to bother doing the math.

All and all it is a very lovely looking BRG Triumph that looks like a
late TR2 from the outside; the owner seemed nice and I'm very happy to
see any TR2 through 4A in the Historics.

TeriAnn