fot

Re: [FOT] rear Muffler

To: "Jim Cun" <jimcun2001@yahoo.com.au>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] rear Muffler
From: <janbarker888@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:35:09 -0700
I am getting ready to go to Montrey for a race where the sound level is 101
DB, so I tried some mufflers  on my dyno. On an engine making about 160 HP @
7500 RPM  I lost 3 HP with a Spin Teck muffler with 2 1/2 oval tubing in and
out, I also tested a 18" Dyno Tech with 2 1/2 round in and out nd only lost
2 HP, I dont know if they will bring the sound level down enough, but they
both sound about the same on the dyno, will know more when I get to Montrey.
Jerry Barker