fot

Re: [FOT] BBC E-mail: TV presenter Raymond Baxter dies

To: mlcooknj@msn.com, Guyots3@wmconnect.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] BBC E-mail: TV presenter Raymond Baxter dies
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:49:09 EDT
In a message dated 09/18/2006 7:12:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
mlcooknj@msn.com writes:

> Thank you for sending this sad news. I met Raymond Baxter years ago when he
> was known in the auto industry as the narrator of many racing and
> promotional
> films. You could never mistake his voice.

Mike:

Amen to that.  And when Peter Ustinov made his classic road racing parody The
Grand Prix of Gibraltar...Phil Hill became Bill Dill, Stirling Moss became
Girling Foss,  Raymond Baxter became Roland Thaxter, and so on.  In fact a sign
of respect.

Bill Dentinger