fot

RE: [FOT] Race Car Prep

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Race Car Prep
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:46:20 -0400
From: Ron Jones
Subject: [FOT] Race Car Prep

> I want to put an alternator in. What does the list suggest?

Any small, one wire alternator will do. You will need some creative
fabrication for the brackets, but that is pretty easy. Several guys seem to
run the Denso alternators with good success. I replaced the pulley on mine to
a larger one to slow the alternator revs down, well worth the effort and
expense, IMHO.

> I have an MSD 6AL box and coil. I would like to get rid of the points, what
do I need and where is the best place to get it?

Again, in my humble opinion, an MSD box adds nothing and gives you more stuff
to cause DNF's. I swear by my Mallory Dual Point distributor, never had any
luck with electronic ignition in my race car.

> What Spark Plugs should I use?

The subject is like the Ford  vs Chevy deal. Whatever you have confidence
in...