fot

Re: [FOT] short K&N Weber filters

To: triosan@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] short K&N Weber filters
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:02:54 -0400
Chuck Arnold asked:

>Does anybody have a part number for the shorter K&N filters for DCOEs on a
>TR6/250?  The taller ones I have now no longer fit the front pair of carbs
>on the TR250.

The 1.75"x7" oval filters are #56-1312, 2"x7" oval filters are 56-1313, and
2.5"x7" oval filters are 56-1315 (from APT....Usual disclaimers apply).

Don't forget, you need to retain the velocity stacks underneath the filters
to keep
the chokes on place.  Most people leave out the stacks with 'orrible
results.

You'll need 12mm stacks to fit under the short filters.  If you buy them
from APT,
they still need machining to fit.  Where is Southwick quality when you need
it?

Shane Ingate, breathing easy in Maryland