fot

Re: [FOT] Seat

To: "Ron Jones" <earthron@yahoo.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Seat
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 15:00:52 -0500
At first blush, upright. That's what is in my Spitfire. However, if you are
a short guy who needs to sit closer to the pedals, or a tall guy who needs
to get lower under the rollbar, a layback might be the way to go. But that
does not seem your situation -- I'm 5-10= and about 210# so we're reasonably
close.

The old bucket I took out was on a bracket that angled it back but also
lifted me higher. When I got the Kirkey we looked at mounting it on the
bracket but finally decided to put it flat on the floor. I wondered how that
would work, but it turned out to work very well. I am very comfortable in
it. I ended up closer to the steering wheel while *not* closer to the
pedals, as a result gaining better steering control by going from
straight-arm to a less tiring and more effective bent-arm style.

--Rocky Entriken

I have a new e-mail address -- rocky@spitfire4.com