fot

RE: [FOT] diff adjustment

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] diff adjustment
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:06:07 -0400
I remember Jon Wood telling me what he did was take a pinion bearing and
ream it so the pinion shaft is not real tight press fit. No puller
required. Use the dummy bearing to get your shim pack figured out, then
press your new bearing on.

I did this one of the big gearbox bearings, makes getting the float
adjustment on the first gear bush a snap.