fot

Re: [FOT] winter storage

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] winter storage
From: Gary Schneider <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
I just drain the system and try to blow it dry reasonably well. Most race
organizations require water only and you can't just get rid of the anti-freeze
smell in the spring. If you travel to races where you are not known, tech
inspectors like to hassle you over it. I used to use anti-freeze but just got
tired of the endless flushing.

With so little humidity in winter I would think the corrosion issue in a dry
block and rad must be small.

Gary Schneider
'62 wh EP TR4