fot

Re: [FOT] THROTTLE CABLES AND REVERSE GEAR BOX

To: "TONY VIGLIOTTI" <tony@rat-co.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] THROTTLE CABLES AND REVERSE GEAR BOX
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:22:58 -0700
Looks like a nice setup, and the price is reasonable. You left out
the two best reasons for switching to a cable setup--first, the
throttle doesn't get yanked around by engine movement and second,
it's much easier to set the carb for full open throttle without
relying on the carb throttle stops. You're less likely to have stuck
throttles or broken springs (assuming you use webers). If you use a
bellcrank system with webers and set the throttle to full open when
the pedal is fully depressed, any time the engine torques to the
right the throttles will be strained against the stops. You also have
a lot of throttle pedal movement for full throttle.