fot

[Fot] TRF's High-Performance Alloy Radiators

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TRF's High-Performance Alloy Radiators
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:46:04 EST
In a message dated 12/17/2006 5:20:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fot-request@autox.team.net writes:

> [...]

If I were you, I would follow the advice of this list and purchase an
aluminum radiator made here in the USA.

I am willing to be that they are every bit as good as those made in the UK.

I have a Serck Marston Aluminium Radiator made for my Vitesse in the UK, and
fitted immediately before I emigrated in March 2002. It cost 355 GBP, (700 USD
at today's exchange rate.

I didn't even have to suffer today's exchange rate, shipping or import
duties!

It proved to be a good fit in all dimensions except that the spout was too
tall, and facing in the wrong direction.

It has a late (post 1973) Triumph Stag cap with one of the 'ears' cut off as
they point longditudinally rather than transversely.

I have had to locate another aluminum spout, (Chevy-Summit Racing), and
another cap, (Jeep), and a decent alumnum welder.

And, I still have to remove the radiator, have the old spout removed and the
new one fitted, more expense!

Before I can re-adjust the bonnet/flip front to get the gaps right again!

No, get it here, then any issues can be sorted out locally.

Best Regards

Lion

nb. photos on my webshots pages<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963";>