fot

Re: [Fot] Brake Master Cylinders for Race Spitfire.

To: "Glenn Franco" <gaf3@charter.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake Master Cylinders for Race Spitfire.
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:13:54 -0500
I have a similar set-up on my GT6 - (2) 5/8" clutch cylinders separated by a
threaded balance bar (Tilton), Pegasus part # 3525, that is welded, with
gussets, to the top of the brake pedal.  The only problem is that the
calipers require much more fluid when applied, so that end of the bias bar
travels from one extreme angle to the other while the "rear" side doesn't
move much.  Brakes work fine, but I have thought about changing to a 3/4"
for the fronts to equalize travel a bit.  It will up the pedal pressure, but
I am concerned that if there is ever a front system leak with the current
set-up, pumping the brakes will not be very effective.