fot

[Fot] Aluminum Radiators and Electrolysis

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Aluminum Radiators and Electrolysis
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:47:35 -0600
FoT,

I am now the proud owner of a Ron Davis aluminum radiator. It is so
beautiful that my wife hasn't complained about it being on display in
our dining room!

The instruction sheet talks extensively about the issue of electrolysis
and suggests grounding the radiator as well as the transmission to
prevent static electricity from traveling to ground through the
coolant. It also says to not use any brass components in the cooling
system as brass and aluminum react to each other causing electrolysis.
The sender unit on my water temperature gage has a brass bulb  that is
located in the water pump. any thoughts as to what I should do ? I
don't believe that I have ever seen any other type of metal used.

Allen

A l l e n  W a s h a t k o
1971 TR6  - Number 6