fot

Re: [Fot] Wheel spacers (was: aluminum hubs)

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wheel spacers (was: aluminum hubs)
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:08:41 -0800
> Even depleted Uranium.

Mordy,

Nice guy!  You ought to be selling those spacers to the MG guys.  It's twice
as good as steel and about four times better than Titanium. Well maybe that
much more dense.  I used to keep 2 identically shaped parts on my desk;
aluminum and DU.  It was wild to watch people pick them up. <grin>

I used to build ammo with DU.  It's sure is pretty to watch when it goes
through steel at super sonic speeds and goes starts to burn/spall.  Always
made a mess on the inside of armored vehicles.

Jack