fot

[Fot] Low cost rods

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Low cost rods
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:18:38 -0500
I am almost ready to market sets of rods for the TR2 - 4A engines.
I'd like to determine the level of interest so I can
estimate  inventory level to carry. Here's the deal:

4 Chevy rods, currently used in engines up to 850 hp
Forged, 4380 steel
Same length as TR rods, so you use your current pistons
Re-bushed upper ends for stock TR pins, using proper grade of bronze
Spacers for upper ends to center the rods, 6061-T1 aluminum
Bottom ends modified so they go through the sleeves
ARP 7/16" bolts
Allows the use of modern high quality, low friction rod bearings

To use these, you use .020 under Chev rod bearings, and you grind the
crank .006" undersize, and you may have to relieve block slightly for
clearance.

Rods are 30 grams lighter than all available aftermarket rods.

Current prices on Carillos is $1100 - and Saenz, Cunningham, and
{auter are all $700 - $800

Target price for my kit of rods and spacers is $500 and I'm trying to
lower that. So you get stronger, lighter rods, at a lower price.

Would you be interested in purchasing a set of rods like this? If so,
please email me off line. Thanks.

uncle jack