fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Suspension

To: stutzman@adelphia.net, vintage.racer@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Suspension
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:37:00 EDT
In a message dated 3/26/07 3:58:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jhassall@blacksburg.net writes:

<< Put spacers between the axle and the leaf springs and install longer U-bolts
 instead. >>

Back in the days when employees could get away with more government jobs, I
had one-inch spacers and two-inch spacers made at the old Shippingport
Experimental Atomic Power Station.  They were made from stainless steel.  When
the
lower profile slicks came along, the spacers were removed, and the rear
suspension is now back to stock.  I didn't want the rear end dragging on the gr
ound.

I ran for a long time with Mother Mueller's competition front springs with
the spacers removed from the top.  Then one day I noticed shorter springs with
spacers installed in the parts car.  I put this setup into the race TR-3, and
the front end is about even with the back end, or low enough to the floor.
This move also gave me about the right negative camber.