fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Suspension

To: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>, "Gary"
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Suspension
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:04:15 -0800
Gary, I had lowered my MGB years ago using blocks and felt the handling went
terrible.  I went to my local spring shop and talked to him about
rearching(or dearching) the rear springs and he recalled that when the MGB's
were new he had taken the main spring and flipped it over.  This takes the
eye of the spring and moves it from the top of the spring to the bottom of
the spring which in essence drops the car about 11/2" -2".  I did this about
10 years ago and haven't experienced any thing negative about it.  The
spring shop guy told me he could think of any reason why this would be a
problem.
The handling of the car is greatly improved with this modification.  I also
went to an earlier car front crossmember instead of shorter springs for the
front end.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44