fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Rad Fan Extension

To: Don Carter <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Rad Fan Extension
From: Richard Good <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 05:41:04 -0500
Don,

Cutting off the fan extension will work fine.  It would be best to true
up the end in a lathe after sawing it off to get a nice flat surface for
the bolt head but with some care I am sure you could touch it up with a
grinder.  The hole through the center is somewhat over bolt size so use
a good, thick, hardened washer.

I have seen a fan extension replacer kit with a bolt and a machined
aluminum "washer" about an inch thick.  Only problem was, there were no
holes for the dowel pins.  I guess you were supposed to remove them.  I
don't remember who was making them but  I think they were selling them
on e-bay.

Regards,
Richard Good
Good Parts