fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Rad Fan Extension

To: "Don Carter" <don@carterdesignassociates.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Rad Fan Extension
From: "Geoffrey Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:38:46 +1000
Don
The Triumph sedans do not have the extension , they use a short hub about
1.25 inch thick to which the fan bolts . I have been running and Aluminium
replacement on my race car for a number of years with no problem . A grade 5
bolt is fine with harden flat washer under head . Dont use spring washer .
locktite it.
Suggest you also check the harmonic balancer while your at it,  we have a
lot of problem with the outer ring spining on the hub , makes ignition
timing interesting if you are not aware of it
Geoff Byrne
TR6 racer Aus