fot

Re: [Fot] Overdrive issue

To: "'Chuck Arnold'" <triosan@gmail.com>, "'Tony Drews'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Overdrive issue
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:23:54 -0500
I personally know a dummy who once installed his TR-4 clutch plate in
backwards. It would not disengage until he took the %%&&** tranny back out
and turned it around. It worked quite nicely after that.

Richard Taylor

Good luck.  If you are still on I have a quick question.  Got my TR250 [TR5]
to run this week [big achievement].  Took it out to test drive and the
engine is not talking to the tranny.  Clutch must be stuck in the engaged
position.  I just installed it.  All I can think of is that the part with
the clutch fingers is too "tall" for this setup.  I had been using it [it is
a Spec] with my Toyota conversion.  I am now back to the TR tranny.  Thought
the clutch's were interchangeable.  Does my reasoning seem sound as I am
about to pull the %%&&** tranny again.
Chuck