fot

Re: [Fot] Driving Music

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Driving Music
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:34:49 -1000
Different strokes for different folks. My music collection is 140GB
of mostly 192 bit. After I get most of the music you folks have
recommended it'll be something like 180GB I suspect. My iPod is a
60GB video ipod. I set up smart playlists that are about 60GB in size
and rotate them into the iPod as the mood strikes. Sixty gigs is a
lot of music. I also use it for video on airplanes--works fine except
for all the people saying "how can you watch a movie on that little
screen?". I've got software that converts DVDs into the iPod format.

Lots of car radios these days have a good iPod interface that shows
you the album, artist and song and let's you scan around. The cheap
one I installed in Nero does that, but not the truck unfortunately.
That's passenger duty usually, or if I'm alone, when I stop for gas I
set up the playlist for the next 500 miles.

There are too many wires in my life, it would be nice if there were
less, but I find this an extremely handy way to carry and play a huge
music music library, books on "tape", a dozen or so movies, and
backup copies of articles I'm writing. I've got a waterproof case for
it and even wear it surfing (Boz Scaggs, Chris Isaak or ZZTop are my
favorites for surfing--so far). In fact at the end of the movie I
stuck on my blog that shows a board's eye view of paddle surfing you
can see the ipod strapped to my arm. http://www.ponohouse.com/
ponoblog/?p=249

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS