fot

Re: [Fot] oils

To: tony@tonydrews.com, edwardbarnard@prodigy.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] oils
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:19:57 EDT
Amici...

I have reported earlier that for the present, Bob Wismer and I have chosen to
run VALVOLINE 'Not Street Legal!' Racing (Synthetic SAE 20W-50 Engine Oil).
Bob just got back from Sebring and Savannah, where he used this oil.  When we
put my engine in the T-Bolt, his will come out, and we will 'check it over'.
You don't get much track time at Sebring, but at Spring Savannah you get all
you can handle.  But Bob said an interesting thing is that he did not 'use' any
oil on the trip.  He did not have to add any.  We used to run Mobil1, and it
was not uncommon to add a half quart during an event.

But our mechanic, Kevin Potter, says our machine shop (who is heavy into drag
strip engines) say they are getting 'bad reports' on performance coming back
from several clients who are using this oil.  Obviously dragsters are going to
be running at 12/10ths.  Bob and I race at about 8/10ths.

We continue to watch and listen...

Bill Dentinger